Tips for Flea Control & preventing hotel bedbugsÂ Manchester
- Do a complete inspection of the room before bringing luggage, pets or other items in.
- Do notÂ put your luggage on the bed. Place your luggage on a tile floor (like in the bathroom), away from any upholstered (soft) surfaces.
- Once you have checked the luggage stand (including where the straps are attached to the metal bars), keep your luggage on the stand instead of unpacking your belongings and placing them in the drawers.
- Inspect the sleeping area. Slowly lift up each corner of the mattress and examine the creases and tufts of the mattress and box spring, behind the headboard and the wall behind the bed, the pillows, bed coverings and bed skirt, the bed frame and legs.
- Use a flashlight to inspect the inside of the closet, paying special attention to any cracks or crevices.
- During your stay, place your shoes in an open area. Do not store anything under the bed.
- If you find signs of bedbugs, notify the front desk and ask for another room, or stay somewhere else. If you change rooms in the same hotel, make sure your new room is not next to the possibly infested room.
It’s difficult to prevent your pets from getting Fleas Control. However there are some things you can do to reduce your chances of getting them:
- Pet maintenanceÂ – Applying veterinary approved Flea products to your pet on a regular basis.
- VacuumingÂ – Frequently vacuum the areas your pet is around, especially carpeted areas in and any furniture that is frequented by your pet.
- WashingÂ – Regularly wash your pet’s bedding, blanket and other washable items in the hottest water possible.
- GardeningÂ – Try and keep your garden neat and tidy by mowing your lawn and raking up any leaves, grass or bush clippings.